Sunday, November 26, 2017

Global Classroom Decor - Classroom Tour


I decided upon the theme of a Global Classroom for my third grade students this year.
This theme sprouted from our participation in the Global Read-Aloud project.
I love the way our learning environment reflects our global theme of understanding, respect and communication.
The first wall visitors see upon entering our room is the one above.  I felt it was important to explain to families and other visitors right away on the night of Open House what it meant to be a Global Classroom.
We use PBIS, so it was essential to link our school goals with our classroom goals.
 I created a decor pack that is available in my Teachers Pay Teachers store that includes a variety of bulletin board options for implementing a Global Classroom theme.
These theme materials have a burlap background with globe accents.
The set includes a a variety of bulletin board options, as well as suggested lessons and links for setting up a respectful, informed global classroom.

This pack also includes posters and suggested lessons for digital citizenship, like the one below.
Teacher Tips for using the pack are included, too!

A variety of bulletin board letter styles are included.

I found some additional pieces that fit nicely with the theme.
I found this globe at Hobby Lobby.


These squishy globes are from Amazon, and students will receive these as gifts for Christmas.


I absolutely love this book, as it is written in kid-friendly terms.  It is a must-have for any classroom!
You can purchase the book entitled What Does It Mean To Be Global? by clicking here.



As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

As part of our Global Classroom theme we have done a Skype with a Scientist, connected with a classroom in Canada as part of the Global Read Aloud, and invited in a local business owner.
We also connect with parents everyday through Seesaw Learning Journal.

Do you have other suggestions on how to promote and lead a Global Classroom?
I'd love to hear your feedback through a message below!

No comments:

Post a Comment