Sunday, February 26, 2017

Five For Friday - Digital Resources for Fables and Myths

I'm back for a look at my week through Doodle Bugs' Five for Friday!
We've been working on reading traditional literature.
A few years ago I came across this great app that features many popular fables, and they are told through animation.  My students love them.

The app is called Animated Aesops Fables and is $1.99.  You can find it at this link.
I created a reflection booklet for our unit on Fables, and it covers many of the Common Core skills.
You can check it out in my TpT store here.  It is a great deal at $2.50!
These are some the books we use for our Fables unit. 
You can find the suggested titles in my TpT product.




We also read myths as a part of our unit on traditional literature.
I used the easy myths from Starfall, but was surprised to find that the website is no longer free.
Luckily, they do offer a free app, so my students were able to access the myths through that.

Our current social studies unit is on Russia.
Our city has a sister city in Russia, Kurgan, so we research what life is like in this large country.
I created a class Google Slide presentation, and groups of three each worked on a specific topic.
So, each group was responsible for preparing one slide of the class presentation.
It was a jigsaw-like activity where students then presented their research to others in the class.


We had President's Day off which is a rare occurrence in my district.
My college friends and I took advantage, and drove to St. Louis to see BON JOVI!
The concert was awesome, and we got a great deal on a hotel room on Hotwire.
Our hotel was right next to the Arch.
Unfortunately we missed the photo shoot of the band that apparently took place the day after the concert.

How was your week??



No comments:

Post a Comment