Monday, May 28, 2018

Sunday 6 - Transition Words Anchor Chart and More

Thanks to Mrs. Wheeler's First Grade for hosting the Sunday 6!
My third graders have been writing persuasive pieces.  We've used this anchor chart for writing transitions from one supporting reason to another.  
The anchor chart is actually a compilation of other anchor charts I found online.
I have 12 iPads in my classroom - all obtained through grants.
We LOVE using the Epic app for eBooks.
This app has more books than I could ever house in my classroom library and...
 it's free for educators!
Check it out by clicking here.


We still have 2 weeks of school. 
We had to do some goal setting to get us through these final weeks. 
Check out this product in my Teachers Pay Teachers store for helping your students to 
FINISH STRONG.



Our final social studies unit is about Japan. 
Our city has a sister city in Japan, so we do lots to learn about this interesting country.
One of the things the students love is to paint Japanese characters.
I put on Japanese music, and it makes for a calm class period.
I lead an after-school STEM Club with three other teachers, and our final meeting is this coming week.
We are going to explore augmented reality, and each student will get one of these!
It's called a Merge Cube, and each side of the cube has multiple games and learning tools that come to life when you use the connected app.
I hope to write a blog post soon to share how this went.

This weekend I tried out a new recipe on the grill, and it was delish!
A couple added bonuses were that it was easy to put together, and had minimal clean-up.
Thanks to Mrs. Wheeler for hosting the link-up!
I'm planning on checking out her Editable EOY Bookmarks!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Jane! Thanks for linking up! The Japanese paintings are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to link up! Looking forward to the next one!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jane! Do you have a blog post about the grants you wrote and how you got the iPads? I'm always looking for new funding sources for classroom items. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Most of the grants were through DonorsChoose? Have you used it? I can help you get started as I am a DonorsChoose Teacher Ambassador. Let me know how I can help!

      Delete