Thursday, June 28, 2012

iPad Bonus for Teachers

I am now the proud keeper of an iPad!  In an earlier post I wrote about obtaining a grant for an iPad to use in my classroom, and today I finally received word from our district's IT department that I could pick it up.  So of course I zipped right down to their office and snagged it.  I am so excited to get started on it, and even signed up for a 1 credit course on iPad apps that starts on July 9th.

Apple is offering a "back to school" special and is giving a $50 credit to teachers (and college students) who purchase an iPad, and $100 credit for those who buy a Mac.  Unfortunately mine was purchased through our district so I didn't get the $50 credit for apps and music.


It's time to bid a fond farewell to this guy -  I have an Interwrite Board and an ELMO but hung onto the overhead for old times' sake (well mostly just for setting stuff on).  Now I can also connect the iPad to the projector so his time in Room 219 must come to an end. 

RIP (on its way to collect dust in the back of our library/media room)



2 comments:

  1. We have an old dinosaur that looks just like yours, Jane! We are having a difficult time parting with it because there are fabulous center activities the kids can do with it. It's just such a clunky tool to store and find space for. May yours rest in peace :)
    ~Christy & Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used mine for centers, too, and the kids really enjoyed it. Now, I use the Interwrite as a center, and it's a big hit. My overhead thanks you for the sympathy message. :)

      Delete