I am only three days late on Five for Friday this time - at least it's better than last week. Thanks Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching for hosting!
1. On another blog I saw a great idea for rewarding responsible behavior on a weekly basis. I am so sorry I did not pin the photo that I got the idea for this from. Please let me know if it is yours, so I can acknowledge your unique idea! The students' names are on the snowflakes and if they forget to do one of the tasks on the list, their snowflake is taken down. They earn a small reward (a candy bar and a school "buck") if they remember all their responsiblities and their snowflake is still posted at the end of the week.
2. My class created an impressive list of ways they could become better readers. I was so happy to find out they've been hearing me! When I conferred with them last week, they had to tell me what they are currently working on to improve their reading skills.
3. Our spelling words were contractions this week so my students made Contraction Snowmen during our RTI time. The contraction word was written on the hat, and the two words that made the contraction were written on the mittens. Then, the students had to write a speech bubble sentence that contained the contraction word.
4. We finally got a Snow Day on Friday! It was kind of unexpected because we only got about 5 inches of snow. The last storm was double that, and we still had school - go figure!
5. My bestie and I went to see Safe Haven on Saturday. Yes, the ending is a little odd but we predicted it about halfway through the movie. It was worth the money just to see Josh Duhamel.