1. If you read my blog you know that we got a huge snowstorm on Wednesday. They had predicted only 5 inches of snow but we got double that. Now it's so cold here that they cancelled an event called Freezefest - it's true!
2. Our third graders study Russia, and one of the small group stations my students did this week was "Reference True or False?" It was a follow up to a reference lesson our media specialist did with them last week. They had to use an encyclopedia (how old school!) to read and find and facts. They could change a fact slightly to make it false. They read these to the group during Social Studies.
3. As part of our study of Russia we talked about matryoshka dolls. My goddaughter is from Russia (my good friends adopted her), and this special cutie is a gift I received on her baptism day. My students loved seeing the 9 more dolls inside!
4. Here is a completed copy of the heart buddy sheets I created. The students use these for establishing partnerships for math work and reading discussions. You can get yours free at my TPT site.
We made heart creations and apparently this girl (who is generally a poor speller) knew how to spell heart from using the buddy sheet - bonus!
5. I'm in a book club and we met this week at a restaurant to discuss Sisterhood Everlasting. It's a sequel to Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. The girls are 10 years older in this version. The beginning chapters are sad - just to warn you!
Hope you had a great week!