Sunday, May 12, 2013

Five For Fr-unday - Japan

Well - it's Sunday and I'm just getting around to my Five For Friday rundown.  It's been a busy and fun weekend so far!  Here's how the school week went:
1.We've been having quite a few line squabbles so we created a Line Dos and Don'ts Chart during our weekly PBIS time.  It made me laugh when they used the word "backbutts" - I had to ask what it meant.  They were very serious about their suggetstions.
 
2.It was wondeful to feel so appreciated all week.  Our PTA had goodies for us each day, and I was lucky to receive little gifts daily, too.
 
3. We've been studying Japan, and I found this bulletin board set online through Education Station.  I used it as a small group activity - the students had to match the words to the pictures, and had lots of non-fiction Japan books to help if needed.
 
4. Also, as a part of our Japan study, we held Kite Day on Friday.  The students could bring already assembled kites to fly during our last hour of the day.  Many parents came to help with tangled knots, etc.  The rain held off, and it was a windy day so most the kids were successful.
 
5. Thanks to sales on TpT and TN I was able to sell some of my Mother's Day Packet!  Check it out to be ready for next year!
 
 
Happy Mother's Day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment