Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tried It Tuesday - Design Squad, and Creative Teaching Press Winner!

The winner of the Creative Teaching Press Classroom Collection is:

LaNessa H.


LaNessa will win these products and more:





Would you like to have some of these goodies for your own classroom???

For more details about Creative Teaching Press' 
INCREDIBLE 
2014 Back-to-School Product Line 

Make your wish list now, my friends!
Products will go "live" on the site (www.creativeteaching.com) very soon and you will be able to place your orders as soon as May 26th!

Now, on to Tried It Tuesday!

I recently asked the third and fourth grade students in our after-school STEM Club to design a Convenient Carrier that would be attached to a crutch or wheelchair.

To begin the challenge I told the students about how hard it was to carry items when I was on crutches after breaking my ankle a few years ago.

Using the design process from EiE and a lesson plan from the Design Squad website, the students used cardboard, tape, rubber bands, paper, and tape to create convenient carriers.
They loved it!



I highly recommend checking out the Design Squad on the PBS Kids website for lots of great suggestions for engineering activties!

Also, head on over to Holly's blog, Fourth Grade Flipper, for more ideas in the Tried It Tuesday linky!



2 comments:

  1. Can your kids come design me a convenient carrier that will magically carry all my stuff for me to my car and then into school each day? Would that be considered a robot? Either way...I need one...as in yesterday! XO
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Design Squad? This is awesome and my husband would think so too (he's an engineer). Thanks for linking up and sharing!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete