Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Blizzard in the Little Apple & Give-A-Way Winner

Greetings from the Frozen Tundra -
My cute, white dog is well camouflaged!
Well - I am not exactly in THE frozen tundra, but I am about a half hour away from Lambeau Field, and we are in the midst of a snowstorm, so close enough.  The snowstorm started around 4:00 A.M. this morning, but did we have a snow day??  Nooooooooo!  Most schools in our area were called off, or let out early, and a parent remarked to a colleague that we were "ripped off of a snow day".  So far we've gotten 8 inches and it's STILL snowing. 

Oh - and the superintendent happened to pick today to make his rounds at our school.  Before today he hadn't stopped in my room all year, and I'm surprised he was out and about what with the roads being snow-covered and all. There are over 20 schools in my district so it's a rare occasion to see him.  Word spread like wildfire once he was spotted.  Luckily my third graders and I were working hard when he popped in.

My 100 Followers Give-A-Way ended on Saturday night, and the winner was Holly from Fourth Grade Flipper (love that name!).  Thanks to all who entered - I am so happy to have reached my goal of 100 followers.  I am still in awe of those people that have followers in the thousands.  And a big thanks to Nichole at The Craft of Teaching, and Heather at Kickin' It With Class for helping with my give-a-way.  They are the best blogging friends!

You may want to check out Holly's Fourth Grade Flipper site as she having a give-a-way for one of THOSE pencil sharpeners. That hot little item would be a welcome addition to my classroom.

I was going to work out tonight but my health club is closing early because of the snowstorm.  Darn (sort of).

I am so jealous of you people in warm climates!

1 comment:

  1. I think we are getting the snowstorm starting tomorrow (rain/snow mix tonight). I doubt we will get a snow day because it seems to take a miracle for it to happen. Since we already had one when 36" fell last week combined with 40 mph winds, they are less likely to dish out another one:) I love it when I have an excuse to not work out too! Haha! Thank you for the shout out:)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete