Monday, July 21, 2014

Word Work Pouches, PBIS Bulletin Board, Launch Readers Workshop - Monday Made It

Happy Monday!
I seem to be working the late shift each week as I add my post to Tara's Monday Made It Linky.
I'm in awe of the number of great ideas that are added each week (and early in the day, too!).
First up - these are pouches that I plan to have my third graders use for word sorts.
We use Words Their Way, and the students need a place to store the words they cut out each week.
I think these will work great!
I got the pouches at Office Depot this week for a quarter each!
You can only get 6 at a time, so I made a couple trips.
The chevron washi tape was on sale at JoAnn Fabric and Crafts, 
and the blue washi tape was also on sale at Office Depot.
I love these posters from Creative Teaching Press!
They come in a pack of eight different designs, and I hope to use each one to kick-off  PBIS lessons.
In my school we do a half hour PBIS lesson each Wednesday, and sometimes I am need of inspiration for the lessons. You can see all the posters here.
I plan to ask the students to discuss the quotes on the posters in small groups first.
Then they will dramatize a real life situation in our classroom that fits the quote.
Since my third graders are often big fans of Minecraft, I thought they might be
 intrigued by my play on words.
The letters are also from Creative Teaching Press - aren't they eye-catching??


I recently did an update to my "I Can... Statements for Launching Readers Workshop". 
These posters are perfect for establishing focus in your lessons as you begin the school year.
Below is an example of my focus board.

Also included in the pack are smaller copies of the I Can.... statements that are the perfect size for adding to Reading Response Journals.
I ask my students to write a reflection on the lesson to summarize the concept.
The posters and smaller copies look great when printed in either color or black and white.
You can purchase this product in my TpT store for $3.00.
Thanks for checking out my blog!


4 comments:

  1. Ohhhh....love your focus board, Jane!!! I could totally use this with my Rockstar theme!!! XO
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have bought some of the pockets from Office Depot this week. Now I have an idea of what to do with them, THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your focus board! Great job on that. I'm thinking that I could totally do something like that with my kids, too!
    Ana
    Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your "we can" board! So adorable! I’m gearing up for a big giveaway on my blog on August 11 - come stop by so you don’t miss it!!
    Sarah
    Beyond The Gradebook

    ReplyDelete