Thursday, August 15, 2013

What I'm Lovin' Wednesday - Free iBook on Using iPads!

Here's what's cast a love spell on me this week:
 
1.
On Tuesday I took a class on using iPads in the classroom, and learned lots of things which I will share in future posts.
One of the things I learned about really stood out, and when I heard about it I immediately knew I had to share it with other teachers.

This is a free item that is available through the iBooks store.
To download it just go to the store and search
Hot Apps 4 HOTS.
 
Two teachers wrote this iBook, and it contains easy lessons to use with free and popular apps.
The lessons are easy to understand, and look simple to implement in the classroom.
Here's a sample page:
There are lessons that directly address each level of Bloom's Taxonomy.
It really seems to be a useful resource.
 
2.
Last week I went on a trip to Boston, and I LOVED the hotel we stayed in.
It was called the Hotel Marlowe, and was on the banks of the Charles River, near the Museum of Science.
We got free breakfast every morning, a $10 gift card for the mini-bar, and before arriving they sent an e-mail asking to send a "family" picture to be placed in the room.
I sent a pic of my cuddly dog.
Oh, and did I mention Justin Timberlake was in our hotel bar on Saturday night?
YES, he was!
Unfortunately I didn't find out about it until the next day, and never saw him.
So close and yet so far.  Darn it!
 
3.
I'm loving the way my video for Teacher's Notebook turned out.
Check it out HERE, and while you're there check out the items in my store that are on sale until Sunday!

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing about the iBook. I'm definitely going to check that out! :( that you didn't get to see J.T.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, and for the comment.

    I'm glad you found the book to be as intriquing as I did.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete