Friday, August 28, 2015

Creative Teaching Press Inspired Classroom Reveal - Decor and More!

It's the most wonderful time of the year!
Yes, we may be already missing the carefree days of summer, but the the lure of seeing those happy faces in our classrooms is pulling us back.

One of my favorite things about back to school is prepping my classroom to entice my new learners.
And luckily Creative Teaching Press provides many colorful, inviting products for doing just that.

To welcome my students to my classroom, I send them letters before school starts. 
I love the computer paper I found for the letters!
I include letters that students from last year had written to my future students.
I love the chevron accents in this paper!  Find the paper here.

We have hooks and shelves in the hallway for students to store their belongings and hang up their gear.
I like to assign hooks because I believe you are inviting "horseplay" if you let students pick their own spots.  
There are times you send kids out in the hallway to get something, and they are gone for 15 minutes.

Anyway, here are the cute nameplates I made for assigning hooks in the hallway.
Find these cards here.

Here are the pennant pieces I put above the hook areas.
I used a banner and letters from CTP!  The banner pieces reversible, and have patterns on one side, black on the other.
And now for some of my bulletin boards.
Last year we were able to Skype with scientists from ExxonMobil, do a valentine exchange with classes around the country, and do Skypes with two other classrooms.
I love the idea of global classrooms.
We are already matched up to be pen pals with a class from the Bronx, NY!
The border and letters are from Creative Teaching Press!


Here is my math focus wall.  We use Math Expressions, and start the year with multiplication and division.
I cover the facts chart with the sticky notes so its not so overwhelming.
I love the 5 star mathematician chart from CTP.

I am a huge supporter of STEM activities and inquiry learning.
Our first science unit is on Earth Materials.
Thanks to Educlips for that fun arrow!
The letters are from Creative Teaching Press.
I've been seeing boards like this on other teachers' Instagram accounts.
I like to model my love of books for my third graders.
I am part of an adult book club, and in the past my readers have been eager to hear about our book choices and discussions.
The border and letters are from CTP!
The small letters on my signs are stickers from CTP, too!

Now, go and check out the amazing ideas from Angie at Lucky Little Learners!
Angie is also hosting the 2Gether We Are Better Linky this month on Classroom Reveals!



2 comments:

  1. I love that you post something from your reading life for the kids to see! That's awesome.
    Love your room!
    Laura
    Ms. Pretzel's 2nd Grade Bugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi friend! I'm finally getting around to checking out all of the fabulous classroom reveals. I love yours! I really like all the positive love-especially the feel the love! Hope your year is off to a great start! Hope to see you again soon!
    Paige
    Our Elementary Lives

    ReplyDelete